Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cool Ranch Taco Salad



I've been making this recipe for years. It's one of those things that seems so simple, but you may have never thought to put the ingredients together... and it tastes SO good. Everyone I've ever made it for, loves it. So I'll just get right into it.

Cool Ranch Taco Salad
Serves 4-6

Ingredients:
1 lb. Ground Beef
1 packet of Taco Seasoning (I prefer the hottest kind, but you can go mild if you like)
1 large can Red Kidney Beans
1 bag Cool Ranch Doritos (You can try different flavors, but this is what I prefer)
1 bag Shredded Lettuce
1 8 oz. bag Mexican Blend Cheese
Ranch Dressing

1. Brown beef and drain excess grease
2. Add taco seasoning to beef and follow directions on the packet
3. Meanwhile, heat kidney beans in a small pot and add to ground beef/taco seasoning mixture to give the beans a spicy flavor and mix them together




4. I like to make each bowl separately, so each person can add as much or as little of each ingredient to their salad. So, add Doritos to the bottom of each bowl. 


 
5. Top with beef/beans mixture
6. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top




7. Top with shredded lettuce
8. Finish off with ranch dressing on top




You can also add any other taco toppings you would like such as tomatoes, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, etc. I add the ingredients in this order so that the lettuce won't get soggy and warm while you are preparing it. If you put the meat on top of the lettuce it doesn't turn out as good. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do, and if you have any ideas or comments, please let me know :)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry the pictures aren't so great, but this is a great recipe, Promise! :)

    ReplyDelete