I created the jars myself using ideas from a Martha Stewart holiday craft book I have. (Thanks Mom!)
I laid down a long sheet of wax paper on my ironing board, and turned the iron on the lowest setting. I also placed some printer paper underneath the wax paper to make sure the crayon didn't leak through. I then shaved some of the crayons onto the paper using a pencil sharpener.
Shave the crayons on half of the wax paper and leave the other half free. I repeated this with about 6 different crayons in fall colors, then folded the wax paper on top of itself. As shown below:
I laid the iron on top of the paper and it instantly started to melt. I believe if you put less wax and spread them out more, they will not blend together as much, but I actually liked the effect from them bleeding together because it made my leaves turn out more realistic.
I then unfolded the paper, giving me two identical sheets of wax paper with the crayon wax on both sides. I drew out leaves on the non-wax side and cut them out.
Because I didn't have any Mod Podge, I decided to make my own. I simply mixed together equal parts Tacky Glue with water and stirred it together. I added a little glue at a time until I created something like Mod Podge. I actually used the Tacky Glue on the back of each leaf and glued it to the jar just to make them stay on a little better. Then I went over all the leaves with a few layers of my glue mixture.
After allowing the glue to dry, my jar turned out like this! :)
I also made the red and orange jars using the technique from a previous post. Click Here!
I love how this turned out, so here are a few more pictures, just for fun :) I got the pumpkins (they're fake), the black wire pumpkin, and leaf garland from Micheal's. The candle stick holder and candle are a gift from Matt's mom (thanks!). And of course the jars are mine. :)